Thursday, February 11, 2010

Trail Work

I spent a couple of hours on my mountain bike riding and measuring trails on Tuesday. Those new trails are fantastic!!!!! The scenery is spectactular as the trail winds along Town Creek. All 3 distances will have a good section of dirt road for the start to sort out the pecking order before everyone hits the narrow singletrack. I came back from that trail scouting adventure very excited about the event. This was a complete reversal in thought from Blue Clay which is a big mud hole at the moment due to all the rain this winter!! Looking forward to seeing you there, Jim

2 comments:

  1. I ran, albiet very slowly, for 10 miles back and forth and around the trails today. It was a little confusing since it was my first time there, but still lots of fun. I only fell three times. I'm looking forward to seeing how you set up the loops. Saw a friend of yours (Charlie) on his mountain bike. He gave me some directions on finding my way around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jim.
    Just found out about the run. Don't know if we're up to the trails yet, but will definitely be there to support! Please let me know if there's anything we can do to support/assist (www.wherewelivenc.com), even if you just need help rounding up warm bodies for registration, etc. WWL has two 5K events under our belt, and we certainly appreciate everything that goes into making the morning of the event a success! I live just about 15 minutes from the trails, so please don't hesitate to be in touch.

    Elie Erickson
    eerickson@ec.rr.com

    ReplyDelete